Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just call me the Queen of Clean...oh...does someone else have that title?



First let me tell you why I have let my house go.

I'm tired.

I had a baby...3 years ago...I went back to work full-time...I'm taking classes...Laundry...I have a busy 8 year old...I have garden work to do...I have this great book I'm reading...There are flowerbeds to clean out...I have to cook dinner...I live in a house with 3 boys...I have a mountain of laundry to do...I have office work to do...got to get the groceries...oh and there is this great show on HGTV that I need to watch...and...did I mention I have laundry to do?

*Excuses BeGone!

I started The Project Tuesday night and have continued whenever I have a free moment. The kitchen was the first order of business and I have to say that I can't believe how far I had let that room go. On the surface it was mostly clean, but if you spent any amount of time in there you would realize that it needed some serious attention. Let's not even talk about how disgusting it was behind the stove. When was the last time you pulled out your stove and cleaned behind it?

Wait!

Don't answer that! I know I'll feel worse when I hear that you do it every 6 months or more. I will tell some things, but I won't tell you how long it had been since the floor under the stove had seen the light of day!

The good news? We found the Shrek DVD that has been missing for months (maybe years).

It took me 5 1/2 hours to clean this room. Yes, that's right! I said 5 1/2 hours! I'm disgusted and humiliated all in one - so of course I'm posting it here for all to see.

Stay Tuned for more domestic wisdom coming your way very soon...



*Yeah, I stole this line! I'm reading a great book right now called Excuses BeGone by Dr. Wayne Dyer.


*Photo courtesy of flickr.com
I love flickr...
I get great haircut ideas and gardening ideas here...Cool Resource.


7 comments:

  1. 51/2 hours. that is amazing. I'd just have chucked everything away at 1 1/2 hours.lol

    nice to meet you, and thanks for following me. Warning.. I am crazy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing feels as good as getting a job done!
    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does feel really good to get the job done and it's inspired me to keep moving on to the next room. There is still a TON of work to be done...hope I can keep up the momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goooo Jackie!! I'm proud of you, and I already feel inspired. Move appliances, you say?? Surely you jest! haha, can't remember the last time I did that either. I think 5 1/2 hours is not-so-bad. Great job.. keep us posted for inspiration! -Tammy p.s. I love that little picture at the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pic! I am going to start "Fall Cleaning" on August 1st. It makes starting school a little less chaotic! I am starting in my kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what your mean. There are so many other things to do than clean house, especially now that the garden and berries are getting ripe.
    This should make you feel better - I think the only time we move the stove for cleaning is when we get a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First visit to your blog and I was smiling the whole time! You make me laugh (and feel less mortified about my own "queen of clean" shortcomings)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.