Monday, November 2, 2009

November Gratitude...

Early November. A brief lull before the rush of the Holiday Season begins. A time to think about what we have to be thankful for. I have much thankfulness...Kids..Husband...My Job...My Husbands Business...A Comfortable Home...Abundance of Food...Our Health...I could go on.

I am blessed! But, do you ever feel like there is supposed to be something more? You read all my blessings above...what else could I possibly need? Nothing...Except a closer relationship with God and a clearer vision of where I'm supposed to go with the gifts I've been given. Prayer is always the answer when I have a question. Continued prayer on my part to find the answer and I ask for your prayers to make the vision a little less hazy for me.

This month, as the title of my blog states, I'm going to Embrace My Blessings. I'll be sharing with you the little blessings often overlooked and hopefully big ones too. I will also share some beautiful Prayers of Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving traditions that have inspired me to go on this little gratitude journey during the month of November.

O God, when I have food,
help me to remember the hungry;

When I have work,
help me to remember the jobless;
When I have a home,
help me to remember those who have no home at all;
When I am without pain,
help me to remember those who suffer,
And remembering,
help me to destroy my complacency;
bestir my compassion,
and be concerned enough to help;
By word and deed,
those who cry out for what we take for granted.
Amen.

- Samuel F. Pugh

7 comments:

  1. I'm working on much the same 'stuff' this month. Really, isn't it amazing and wonderful when we really take time to count our blessings? Seems I forget, but always trying to do better. Lovely post and prayer. Thanks for sharing! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post and prayer say it all! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try to be thankful even though my life is changing tremendously this month. I still have tons to be thankful for and I need to remind myself on a daily basis. Thanks for following my blog. Yours is very nice. Seems like you had a nice Halloween! Don't worry, the mammogram will be fine. It'll be over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie...just wanted to touch base and thank you for following my blog. Looks like you have some sweet blessings. I try everyday to thank my Lord for the many blessing he continually gives me...it is great to take to time to reflect isn't it?
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this prayer! I'm going to copy it down, for sure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely post. The prayer is beautiful, I'm going to print it out, too.

    What you've written is so true. I'm blessed with so much, but life gets so busy and I often feel something is "missing." That clearer vision you spoke of is something we all long for. I've been trying to embrace silence and be a better listener.

    I'm looking forward to hearing more about your Thanksgiving traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog, what an inspirational post. We read The Beattitudes at church last week, and this reminded me to live them daily! Thanks for kicking off the holiday season *right*!

    ~Elizabeth
    http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.