Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Little Charmer and 3rd Grade Love Woes...

Today hasn't been the best day since I've caught a virus and have been dealing with body aches, fever and all the fun that goes along with that. However, there were two bright spots in my day and I wanted to get them down before they escape my foggy brain.

If you know Kobe, you can't tell him I told you this....okay? This is a sensitive subject for a certain 9 year old boy...

When I took Kobe to school today and as we were driving up into the parking lot I noticed a Mom and her kids crossing the street going towards the school. I recognized them as a homeschooling family who lives on our street. This particular family has an 8 year old daughter who has expressed her LOVE for Kobe by leaving nicely decorated love notes for him in our mailbox a few times. Kobe hasn't appreciated the love notes and we've had to have a few conversations about kindness in this situation. Mostly, he's just really embarrassed by it all.

So, I say to Kobe, "look who is crossing the street...they must have decided to start sending their kids to public school". There is a moment of silence from the backseat and then I hear him quietly say ..."Oh, Great"...and a few moments later I hear him whispering..."please let them get into the school before me...please let them get into the school before me...please let them get into the school before me". Well, they did go into the school before Kobe did and I just had to chuckle after he jumped out of the car because I remember those 3rd grade crushes. He was pleased to announce after school that she is in 2nd grade NOT 3rd grade like he had feared...All is Well! So Far!

The rest of the day I spent mostly on the couch. When it was time to pick up Kobe from school I was having a hard time getting Kyler in gear to get his coat and shoes on so we could leave. Every time I thought he was putting his gear on I'd walk in and he was jumping on the couch or some other 3 year old mayhem. So, I say..."You have GOT to get your shoes and coat on so we can Go get your brother!" (imagine voice raising with each word) I turn around to grab my purse and I start to hear kissing sounds. I then turn around to look at Kyler and he says, "Does somebody need some kisses?". Well of course I do! This boy has already figured out how to melt my heart.

Even though it's 5:00pm and I'm not feeling any better than I did this morning...I had a couple of smiles that made my day. See...there is more of that beauty I'm searching for...

13 comments:

  1. With this economy, lots of homeschooling families are having to go to public school so mom can get a job to help make ends meet. It's been happening here in our community as well. My son is going through a crush thing right now. He "says" they're just friends and he doesn't like her they way she likes him. Uh-huh, whatever! I'm glad that Kobe has some relief in knowing that they don't have the probability of sharing any classes. I know that you have taught him to be kind and I'm sure he's doing his best. At least maybe it will cut down on the embarrassment in the process. We just never know how our kids are going to take these things do we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet story! Love you little one giving you kisses. Hope you're feeling better. I had this last week and it was awful. I just laid there also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such cute stories! Love them. Feel better! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better tonight. Aww..that story about both of your sons just made me chuckle and smile. I work as a teacher assistant to 3rd graders in our local public school, so I can really imagine this story and 3rd grader emotions in the real. Also your 3 yr olds kisses and comment had to make you feel a little better. So precious!

    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope those kisses make you well. Being sick is no fun.
    Get well soon!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. They can always brighten any day, can't they?!! Thanks for sharing Jackie!

    And I hope you're feeling better soon.
    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute story. Your son sounds like he is "all boy"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it's Thursday now, so I hope you're feeling better today.

    Oooooh, those young romances. They ARE so embarrassing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rest! Please... Even though it's hard to do, when you're a Mommy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I have the same virus as you. Third day now. Anyway...I remember those days when my girls were small and they would make me a get well card if they knew I wasn't feeling well. Enjoy this time with them!!! They both seem adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...and I hope you're feeling better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're feeling better soon. Isn't it wonderful, even when we feel a bit off, to find a bright spot in the day? I think they must always be there...those bright spots.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! My David is a handsome charmer too. We always seem to have girls coming over to play and he's the one they seem to hang out with the most. He's a true friend but, no way Jose, does he want anyone at school to know about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.