Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thoughts On A Cold, November Missouri Morning...


November.  The Month of Being Thankful.  This gratitude thing is what I try to do all year round.  When I Embrace My Blessings on a daily basis...my life changes. The month of November brings those blessings into the forefront of my thoughts.

This cold morning I saw a thin layer of ice on my deck chairs.  I'm thankful the changing seasons.  Each new season can be seen a new beginning.  As we're about to enter into a busy season of preparing our homes for the holidays and days filled with wrapping gifts and baking I want to take the next few days before Thanksgiving to reflect on my own gratitude.  To Slow Down and take note of my Blessings and to prepare my heart for the Spiritual Journey I will take in the next month with Following The Star: The Advent Devotional.  I invite you to take part in the devotional journey along with me. This year will mark the 3rd time that I have taken this journey during the Advent Season...you won't be disappointed...




A few of my Multitude of Blessings...

~~Knowing I Can Start Fresh This Morning and God's Mercies Are New Each Day~~

~~My Husband Dealing With a Long-Lived Issue and Working So Hard On It...will you pray for him?~~

~~Hearing Kyler, my 4-year Old, Say To His Brother, "Jesus Was On Earth and He Loves Us"~~

~~Celebrating 10 years Of Being a Mom In A Few Days.  One of The Two Best Gifts I've Ever Been Given...Being Kobe's Mom~~

~~Kyler hugging Kobe When We Pick Him Up From School and Hearing Him Say, "I Missed You Big Brother"~~

~~Candle-Light, Conversation with God and Steaming Coffee On A Cold, November Missouri Morning~~


Jackie

**photo - view from my deck on a very cold January morning in 2009.

5 comments:

  1. Never heard of this devotional. Will have to look into it! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! I have never heard of this Advent activity but I will certainly check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADMIRE YOUR ATTITUDE OF THANKFULNESS, GRATITUDE , AND 'EMBRACING YOUR BLESSINGS'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking warm thoughts of you and your embracing of life, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I was just checking out this devotional site and I LOVE it. I can't thank you enough for sharing it. What a great resource for oneself and family.

    How do I get that neat link about Following the Star to work on my sidebar? Do I copy the picture and then add the address with the picture code?? I'm not sure how to do it.

    I am really enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.