Friday, March 25, 2011

{Friday Feature} presents... Small Moments of Great Reward...

Welcome to the first installment of {Friday Feature} where I will focus on a blogger, book, community member or magazine article that has inspired me.  I look forward to sharing with you folks I have met personally or feel like I know through their writings.  I also look forward to sharing inspiring or informative books and articles on a variety of topics.


{Friday Feature}
presents...

Small Moments of Great Reward 
Thoughts from a fifty-something living a richly textured life in Delaware, Ohio

Painting by April's father

April is someone I could be friends with in the real world.  I can imagine sitting at her kitchen table, having tea and discussing our thoughts on the events in our lives.  April had a self proclaimed visit to "Cancerland" in 2004 and it changed her and how she views this world we live in.  When I visit April's blog, I make sure I have time to savor her words because she always makes me think about my own life and how I'm living it.  Her life in Ohio along with stories about Warren's (April's husband) work with the Symphony and her own work with the Court system and Grant writing are intriguing, entertaining and thought provoking.  By the way, April, congratulations on that new job you have!!

I particularly enjoyed two of April's latest posts about her Clothing Dilemma and the The 3¢ Solution. I chuckled when I read that April regularly reads a fashion blog because it surprised me.  I shouldn't have been surprised, though, because I learn much about her every time I read a post.  

Recently, April has been on a Spiritual Journey.  Reading her thoughts on this subject have mirrored my own several times.   She points me to books I wouldn't have read (or known about) and sometimes her words encourage me to think about something from a different angle.  

April's life is so different from my own...yet we have much in common.  This is what I love about this big online world we have.  Friends, I hope you will take the time to visit April at Small Moments of Great Reward.   If it weren't for blogging, I never would have gotten to know her and this is the reason I have created {Friday Feature}...I hope you join me for the next installment!

Thanks For Stopping By,

Jackie

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Jackie. I just read your post and am floored. Thank you so much.

    I feel the same way you do--I could show up at your door and you would say "April! Come on in and talk for awhile!" and we'd be off and running.

    I love your new feature and am deeply honored that you featured me!

    April

    P.S. You will be amused to know that I am wearing one of my 99 cents skirts today at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Jackie, I LOVE April too!!! And I really like your new Friday feature! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie!! Thank you for following my blog. It looks like I am going to enjoy reading yours. :)

    Have a happy weekend!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Jackie and I just read the 3 cent solution and loved it! She's a keeper. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my first visit to your blog and I'm glad I found you...can't wait to come back and read more. I'm your newest follower :) I will also be visiting April's page :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your Friday Feature Jackie, its a great idea. I agree, blogging is a wonderful way of opening doors to different places and people. I'm always amazed at how diverse it can be!

    I will pop over to April's blog right now.

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.