Thursday, November 20, 2008

Having a conversation with God...

First, I have to say that I'm so enjoying my devotional called, The Message// Remix: Solo (The Uncommon Devotional) by Eugene Peterson. I've been doing daily devotions for years but this one encourages me to dig a little deeper inside myself than many of the others have. The devotional incorporates lectio divina, or "divine reading" into your daily time with God. This means that you pray, read a passage and then imagine yourself in the passage or scripture. It's really easy to identify with scripture when you do this. You then reflect on what you've read by doing different activities like journaling or reciting passages aloud.

Today's' reading was about having a conversation with God. What if He were sitting in the room with you and you were able to talk to him face-to-face? What would you say? I found that I had a LOT to say to Him. When I thought of Him sitting in a room with me, it was easy for me to imagine Him being a gentle, grandfatherly type person who had unconditional love for me and wisdom that I could learn from.

What would He look like to you? Is He that real to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.