Thursday, December 18, 2008

20 Things I Love About Christmas...

Those of you who know me well, know that I love to make lists and write things in my planner and in my journal. So why not do it here too, right? I'm going to be making some lists of things on this blog and my first one is 20 things I love about Christmas. I encourage you to do the same thing about whatever topic is in your heart.

  1. Picking out the special gift for someone I love.
  2. Seeing all the Christmas lights in the neighborhoods.
  3. Thinking about the trip Mary and Joseph had to take and what she must have been thinking.
  4. The kids faces when they see all the gifts under the tree first thing on Christmas morning.
  5. When it snows on Christmas.
  6. Making Christmas cookies with Kobe....and now with Kyler.
  7. Hanging out on Christmas Day with all the family.
  8. Christmas Eve services...especially candlelight services.
  9. Christmas songs from the 30's and 40's.
  10. Decorating the Christmas tree
  11. Turning out all the lights and being in the living room with only the Christmas tree lit.
  12. Driving by the Shelter Insurance Christmas Tree and hearing Kyler say, "look mommy, pretty mis-mas tree".
  13. Going to Kobe's Christmas program and Christmas party at school.
  14. Getting Christmas card photos from family and friends.
  15. How Kobe doesn't want to open any of his presents on Christmas morning until everyone else has opened one and that he wants to hand them out.
  16. The boy's excitement about everything related to the holiday...decorations, songs, etc..
  17. All the Christmas movies on Lifetime and Hallmark Channel.
  18. Celebrating the real meaning of Christmas and teaching the boys that it's not all about the gifts
  19. Trying to get a picture of the boys in front of the tree...yeah, I really do like that!
  20. The Christmas gifts that Kobe makes me at school and how excited he is to give it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.