Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Being Busy...

Grandpa West told me once I should be thankful for being busy. He's right! I should be thankful that I'm able to work...able to care for the kids...able to care for the house.

Somedays it just seems like it's too much though.

Get up at 5am...pour the coffee...turn on the computer...check email...work on CWP projects...read devotional/journal...throw in a load of laundry...pay a bill or two...THEN around 7:30am the kids wake up...get them ready for school and me ready for work...eat a breakfast bar on the way to school...Drop the kids off at school, run to the bank or grocery store in the 20 minutes I have before I have to be at work...work until Kobe gets out of school...run out of the office to pick up Kyler and then to pick up Kobe...make phone calls in the 10-15 minutes I have while waiting for Kobe at school...drop books off at the library...drop mail off at the post office...drive home...sort through the mail...pick up the mess Pat left from the day...start dinner...unload the dishwasher...look through Kobes backpack with him...help him with homework...eat dinner...clean up from dinner...swiffer the floor...load the dishwasher...start another load of laundry...start the baths...clean the bathroom while the boys are taking baths...get the PJ's on...try to get them to slow down to read a book or watch a show...rock...rock...put Kyler to bed...Kobe already fell asleep on the couch...It's 9:30pm already...walk him to bed...put laundry away..okay..truthfully...the clean laundry may sit in a basket at the foot of my bed until Saturday..then I have like 8 loads to put away..okay to continue...unload the dishwasher (again)...balance the checkbook.. then Thomas Cleaning bookwork...invoices or receipts or check entry...check email and facebook...read...fall asleep in the chair...go to bed...do it all over the next day...

I am thankful...just tired...

Somedays I just long to be a Stay at Home Mom again...to have the luxury of doing the housework during the day so that I can focus on the kids when they are at home. I get irritated when Stay-at-Home Moms talk about how busy they are. Now, I was one and I know how hard it is to get things done when you have kids at your feet all day and the isolation is almost unbearable sometimes. Sometimes those two things alone would keep me from getting anything done. However, now that I've done both, being a SAHM is so much easier!! You have so much free time if you make the most of it! Most of the time I really like working and I wouldn't really want to go back to staying home full-time...but there are those days...this working and being a Mom thing is just a delicate balance...sometimes I'm really great at it and I'm successful in my work life and my home life. Then there are times, like now, when I feel like I'm running full speed just to catch up.

I don't know what the answer is except that that I keep going and try to be positive and grateful that I have a job and two great kids and that I'm BUSY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.