Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wabi-Sabi...

What?

I was surfing around on some blogs today and I ran across the term wabi-sabi on the Remodeling This Life blog.

Pared down to its barest essence, wabi-sabi is the Japanese art of finding beauty in imperfection and profundity in nature….It’s simple, slow, and uncluttered-and it reveres authenticity above all.

This is how I have always felt about my home and my garden. I like the imperfections of my furniture and my home decor. It's one of the main reasons I like antiques so much. Antiques and old-things in general are imperfect and thus they are more interesting to me. In the garden, I like the cottage-style of gardening which is very informal and NOT perfect.

Now I can say that I am wabi-sabi. Now you can go impress all your friends with your new word! (-:

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I read that post too! I love that word, too. It is fun to say fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found me too! That way I have also found you! Your blog is wonderful!
    I am definately adding you to my favs so that I can return whenever you post!
    I am so glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen people all over the internet referring to this wabi sabi thing!

    Adding you as one to follow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.