Monday, January 26, 2009

Found a new project...


I love primitive decorating and years ago I would tackle projects with a lot of enthusiasm and energy. Then with kids and a full-time job I have felt that I barely have enough time to do the daily tasks around the house. However, I'm going to be making time to do some projects because I need to get back to doing things I enjoy!

So, I went to Artichoke Annie's Antique Mall yesterday to look for some inspiration and to look for a clock for my new clock collection. I'll post a picture of that soon...got the idea from Country Living or Country Home. Anyway, there are something like 200 booths there and many of the items are real antiques and they are pricey!! Most of the items were from the 60's and 70's and go along with the new interest in art deco, retro and vintage decorating. I did find myself really attracted to all the displays of bright red and yellow pyrex bowls and glassware. Not my style at all really so I kept moving.
I finally happened upon a booth with primitive items that seemed reasonably priced. I'm always attracted to stitchery and I looked up and there is a cross-stitch sampler in a distressed black frame. I loved it! It did look really old but I thought it was just distressed manually. I picked it up and turned it over and promptly put it back. It was $295.00 and was an original from the mid-1800's. It was beautiful!! So, I think I'm going to work on one of these. The picture above is similar to what I saw and I may order this pattern. I particularly like the one on the left even though it may be a little ambitious for me right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.