Friday, January 16, 2009

Winter Time...how I get through it...


Some of the winters in Missouri are hard. We've been lucky this year...no serious ice or snow storms. I really enjoy the cold weather during the holidays and I love the snow when I can watch it out my family room atrium door while I'm sitting by the fire. However, by the end of January I'm usually ready for Spring. The last couple of years I've been intentionally thinking good thoughts about winter. I've been doing things like enjoying my fireplace almost everyday, taking pictures of our yard in the winter-time and feeding the birds. Time flies by so fast I'm trying to enjoy every day - even the bitter cold ones!

This year I bought two bird feeders and have placed one on our deck and we watch the birds from our dining room. Kyler LOVES watching them and every time he walks into the dining room he runs over to the door and says, "tweet, tweet, tweet". It is so cute.

Right after the holidays and after the the Christmas decorations are put away I start buying myself small bouquets of flowers. I buy them once a week or so and usually they end up on my dining room table or the bar in the kitchen. It's my little bit of springtime inside my house and it's my little splurge...I just get one less latte each week!

These are my flowers this week. I love the yellow tulips!! They make me happy.




Another enjoyable thing about winter-time is that I get a good view of the sunrises and sunsets because the leaves are gone from the trees. I took these pictures this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.