Friday, February 6, 2009

Ready to Garden...












I am SO ready to get into the garden! I LOVE to be out in the fresh air digging, planting and re-arranging my garden. I've posted some pictures here of the garden in the early stages from last May. A lot of the plants will be in their 3rd or 4th year this year so I expect some beautiful flowers this season. I also planted, which you can't see, a couple of peonies. I hope they bloom this year! I have great memories of the peony at my Grandma West's old 2-story house. It was so beautiful every year and smelled wonderful. I miss that old house!! Grandma and Grandpa are still with us (in their 80's) and I am thankful for that!

I have, what I call, a cottage garden. It doesn't look exactly like what I see in the gardening magazines with the white picket fences and all but I still like the look of it. I usually have tomatoes, zucchini and herbs planted right in with the flowers. This year though, I am going to build a raised bed for vegetables. I'm really excited about this and can't wait to get started.

3 comments:

  1. I like the look of it too. I am really into garden veggies. I plant the same things as you. We have an extensive herb garden that Bob made. LOVE IT. It makes such a huge difference in the taste of our food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Terri. What types of herbs do you have? I'm looking to expand my herb garden this year. I have planted chives, rosemary, lemon balm (sort of a mistake) and cilantro...didn't have much luck with the cilantro though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My neighbors have a huge layered herb garden. They have all kinds of green thumbs. I cannot wait to see more green. Even if it's just water grass and it's green!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.