Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Halfway to Spring...

When February Sun Shines Cold,

There Comes a Day When In The Air,

The Wings of Winter Slow Unfold,

And Show the Golden Summer There.

Philip Savage, American Poet (1868-99)


According the Farmers Almanac we are halfway there. We have reached the point between Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox. I feel that we are more than halfway there because once we reach March 1st, I know that Spring is just around the corner. I'm ready to smell the fresh air, do some spring cleaning, paint some rooms in my house and, of course, plant flowers and veggies. It's about this time of the year that I just feel that everything is really shabby at my house and not all that clean either. My house is in need of some serious spring-cleaning. I'm tempted to go back to the fly-lady schedule that I did (or tried to do) when I was a SAHM, but it just doesn't seem realistic with young children and a full-time job. I need to figure out some sort of cleaning schedule to get it under control and I'll take any suggestions....

2 comments:

  1. I used to do fly lady too! I don't have children in the house and I still don't do it... with the two of us, we don't make the messes we used to!

    I use a 10 minute system... I do 10 minutes of cleaning every day and then do the big stuff on the weekends. It is amazing what you can do in 10 minutes. I can clean the powder room, vacuum around the baseboards in three rooms, clean the kitchen countertops or wipe off the cabinets... I have learned how to do things very efficiently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fly-lady has some great ideas but all those emails made my stress level go up even more!

    I'm going to try your system. It does sound very efficient. I have found that when I spend 10-15 minutes doing something that it gets me motivated to continue, so it would probably work here too.

    Thanks for the suggestion!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.