Monday, March 23, 2009

Glad it's Monday...

Ever been glad it's Monday? I'm glad to be sitting in my nice, clean office today.

Really? It's Spring - Break...shouldn't I want to be at home?

Nope!

We had the sewer back up in our basement on Saturday. Ever have that happen to you?

So, here is what I'm thankful for...

  • My dark, dungeon-like laundry room that has a overflow drain. Did I say this room is unfinished? YES. IT. IS. I may never complain about my laundry room again.

  • A very nice man from a local plumbing company who got called away from his yard work to clean out our stinky sewer line!

  • Bleach and Mr. Clean (not used together of course)!

  • Monday morning curbside trash pickup.

Lesson Learned? We live in a 40 year old house - yearly sewer line maintenance is a MUST!

Have a great Monday. I'm off to take a walk across the quiet campus and take some shots of the spring-time love popping up in all the flower beds. Oh, and I'm going to breathe in the sweet, clean spring-time air before I go home later this afternoon for another basement clean-up. Yuk!

1 comment:

  1. Oh so gross!! We have had toilet back up issues, but nothing that major yet... knock on wood. :) I am sorry that happened... but at least you don' have to stay home... you have somewhere else to go!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.