Friday, April 17, 2009

Accepted Just As I Am...

I'm reminded today that God is on my side and loves me like a father loves a daughter. He accepts me where I am right now. God wants the best life for me but He accepts what I am today. I don't have to do anything special or be anyone except who I am.

I'm reminded of this from my devotional time today from The Message// Remix:Solo (an uncommon devotional).

My scripture today is Song of Songs 1:5-2:2 but my favorite part is this:

1: 5-6
I am weathered but still elegant,
Oh, dear sisters in Jerusalem,
Weather-darkened like Kedar desert tents,
time softened like Solomon's Temple hangings.

Don't look down on me because I'm dark,
darkened by the sun's harsh rays.
My brothers ridiculed me and sent me to work in the fields.
They made me care for the face of the earth,
but I had no time to care for my own face.

Do you feel feel weathered and time softened? I know I do. When I read this scripture it speaks to me about my insecurities regarding several things:
  • How I look
  • What kind of work I do
  • And generally just how I "measure" up to other people

I think it also addresses that we are busy with our work and we don't have time to take care of ourselves sometimes. At least that's how I feel. It's good to know that God accepts me RIGHT NOW! I don't have to do anything special or be a certain kind of person.

He accepts me as I am!


Song of Songs (or Solomon) is such an interesting book of the bible. It has a lot to say about Love. Love between a Man and Woman. The Love God has for Me.

My reminder today is that God treasures me and He can't take his eyes off of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.