Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009 and Garden Shots...

As always, our town is buzzing with Earth Day festivities each year. It has been a beautiful day today and it was a perfect day for a walk across campus.

Vendors from our city Farmer's Market setup on campus today to sell a few items. I hope they did well enough that they will come back every week. I scored a nice big tomato plant and a yummy burger from Missouri Legacy Beef. Some other groups were giving away freebies and I got a couple of reusable shopping bags and a plum tree!

We have a GREAT Farmers Market and I'll post some shots of that when I get there this year. It opened in March and I haven't been there yet. The weather has been so cold and rainy that it didn't sound too appealing to get up on a Saturday morning to shop there. I will soon. Here are a couple of shots from the mini Farmers Market today.





This is what I saw on the way to the mini Farmer's Market today...



Finally, not too much happening in my own garden yet except some hostas coming out, lemon balm and chives sprouting and my baby weigela is blooming...the lilacs and the large weigelas will be in bloom soon...













Hope you are able to get out and enjoy this Earth Day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Earth Day to you!
    I love the pics that you posted...I wish our town did stuff like this!
    Our day turned out sunny...but not too warm! But a great day to get out and enjoy our Earth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.