Monday, April 6, 2009

Mommy Dearest...

Last night we were fixing dinner and Kobe (the 8 year old) was telling me how hungry he was and that he couldn't wait to eat AND can he please have something RIGHT NOW (imagine whining here). I tell him NO because he will never eat dinner when I let him snack while I'm cooking. I have a hard time getting this kid to eat anything! So, dinner is finished cooking and we sit down to eat and Kobe takes 2-3 bites of food and announces he is full. I'm okay with this if I know he really is full. But I know his routine...he'll eat a couple of bites and then within 30 minutes he is hitting the snack basket. At this point I'm frustrated because I have been having issues with him all day anyway and this is just the icing.

So, this is what I say, "Okay, Kobe, but when you are hungry in a little while you are going to come back in here and finish eating your dinner". To this, my husband (jokingly) says, "Geez, who are you, Mommy Dearest?" "Are you going to make him eat it for breakfast too?". We burst out laughing and my discipline goes right down the toilet (as I write this I see Lucille Ball blowing a Raspberry!)

He did eat later (as usual) and he got a PB &J (2 - in fact)!

See, I'm no Mommy Dearest...

However, for the record, I really don't like wire hangers!

2 comments:

  1. I had my kids watch that movie with me... they think it is so funny to call me Mommy Dearest now!! It is hard to get mad. But I really DO hate wire hangers!! They always leave them on the floor and then it is always me that steps on them. You are nicer than me, though. I put a lock on the pantry so they can't sneak food anymore. Every time I would go to cook something, they would have eaten an ingredient and I never had anything to cook. That would drive me crazy!! So know you are not as bad as me... although I don't think I would race my kids in the pool and beat them.. and I doubt they would ever get the bathroom that clean... or their closets that tidy.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havae you recieved your food from Angel food Ministries? If so what do you think about it?
    Hope your Easter weekend is wonderful. Warm would be nice too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.