Monday, July 20, 2009

Ahh...the sweet smell of ...


...Murphys Oil Soap, Vinegar, Windex, Pledge, Comet...Success!




I hope you all had a nice weekend. I had a great weekend. Really! My house is now approximately half way de-junked and deep cleaned. In fact, I think, the most challenging parts of my house are done so the rest of it shouldn't be too bad.

The best part about it is that I feel a little empowered...like I'm taking my house back. I had kind of let all the boys (hubbie included here) take it over with their toys, junk and dirt. Well, No More! You know what? The boys are thrilled with the results so far.

I now feel like I can tackle some of the other projects I've been wanting to do but haven't because I've been so stressed about this overwhelming cleaning project. So stressed and overwhelmed that I have just barely kept up with the basic household duties each week. Cleaning up this mess has certainly sparked my creativity again!

Someone should write a book or do a t.v. show about how therapeutic cleaning your house is. (ha..ha..)

While we're talking about cleaning, you should visit Carrie at Farming on Faith. She has some great resources for home keeping on her blog. Some great devotionals too! I'm pretty sure her post today, A Prayer For Womanhood was just for me .

Okay crew, here is the status on The Project:

Kitchen - complete
Dining Room - complete
Living Room - complete
Foyer - complete
Main Bathroom - complete
Kyler's Room - complete (3 large trash bags of junk - GONE)
Kobe's Room - complete

Plan of action for this week is:

--Master Bedroom/Bath
--Family Room
--Spare Bedroom/Office

and....

The Dreaded Laundry Room/Storage Room (Dungeon of unfinished space)...

...however, the laundry room isn't so dreaded now because Kobe has decided to take on this project to earn some money. I'm all for paying him some cold, hard cash to take this room on. He has already hauled away (to the curb) a big bin of broken race track, a little tykes desk/chair, a child's table and chair and a HUGE bag of trash. YES!!! And in case you're wondering why these were taken to the curb and not to Goodwill? We have some serious dumpster divers in our neighborhood who drive the streets each Sunday night looking for goodies. All these items are now GONE and the trash truck hasn't even arrived yet this morning. One man's trash is another mans treasure! Indeed!

Until next time...

*photo courtesy of flickr.com

4 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    Thanks for stopping by. I love your cleaning posts. They really inspire me to go the extra mile around the house.

    ~Mrs. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo!!

    The power of a determined woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sense of accomplishment! You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your empowering cleaning journey! I'm ready to dive right in too! -Tammy p.s. Yes, the community we visit is near Clark. I'll have to find out where Leadmine is :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting, I love your blog and a clean house! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.