Monday, July 13, 2009

Dust Bunnies Take Cover...The Troops Are Moving In...

I can't think or be creative with a dirty and cluttered house! So, I'm on a mission, folks. I'm going to spend the next two weeks deep cleaning and de-junking my house. It's LONG overdue and I can't stand it one minute longer. We have entirely too much stuff and I can't really clean the house because of all the junk. I'm talking baseboards, walls, windows, closets and the dreaded laundry/storage room. Those of you who have seen the laundry and storage room know that this room could take the whole two weeks. I'm not afraid, well, not very much anyway.


I will be doing this project before and after work AND for the next couple of weekends. Sounds like fun, right? Ummm...not so much! It won't be fun, but when the project is complete and my house is in much better shape than it is right now...I will be so glad I did it!

It will be a challenge but I'm up for it! Bring on the Junk and the Dirt!

Do you have any encouraging words for me? Please send them my way!

5 comments:

  1. I cheated.

    I got the carpets cleaned and then hired Merry Maids to do the deep cleaning. I used my summer school money and feel good about it. If I can keep it up from here, that would be so good.

    Cleaning is good for the soul so you should be feeling mighty fine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this each season. I love to clean. Take one room at a time and don't start a new room until you finish the one you are working on! I move in a circle. Check out all of my homemade cleaners!
    Happy Cleaning~
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, you can DO this!! I certainly feel your pain. Now please do it, feel better, and then we will find encouragement from you. Good luck!! Keep us posted on your progress. -tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! When my house gets really bad, I go on a cleaning spree, too! Too bad it can't stay clean and clutter free.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.