Thursday, July 9, 2009

He loves it...



Two evenings a week we're at the pool.

Swimming Lessons.

Kyler, who is now 3 years old, is old enough to take swimming lessons on his own. Sigh...he really is...and he LOVES them!! He loves to go "wimmin". He doesn't stop smiling during the whole lesson and he doesn't want to leave when it's over. I literally have to pick him up and carry him out of the place. Oh Wait. That's nothing new. I have to do that everywhere we go with him. He is doing great. Already jumping off the side after two lessons and putting his face in the water...LOVES IT!


So, let's take a look at what's happening on the sidelines though. His older brother, who refuses to take swimming lessons and still doesn't know how to swim at 8 years old, is completely stressed out during the session. At this pool, there are steps that the kids are supposed to be sitting on while they are waiting for their turn with the instructor. Kyler is supposed to sit on the red step. The whole time he is waiting his turn he keeps creeping down to the next step, the yellow step, where the water is up to his chin. He Stands Up. Sits Down. Stands Up. Sits Down. The instructors are telling him to "sit on his bottom". If he were to fall forward he would be in over his head. I have to admit I was a little nervous and was ready to jump in if I had to.

However.

The jumping in would have been a little hard to do because Kobe was sitting on my lap and hiding his face on my shoulder. As he hops on my lap he says, "I just can't watch anymore, he's going to fall right in". The instructors are good and they are watching the kids on the sidelines...but it could happen. I'm hoping Kobe calms down and realizes that knowing how to swim makes going to the pool a lot more fun and that he'll want to take lessons too.

So far...

...that's not happening.















1 comment:

  1. I swear Kobe is a clone of me!! We are SO alike! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.