Thursday, September 3, 2009

Progress...mostly with the little guy...

Progress in other areas of my life means this poor little blog gets left behind sometimes. It's been a busy time in our household with school starting for the kids, school starting for me and the pace of work picking up considerably because our semester has started at the "U" as well.

My cute, newish, little camera died...again! I don't think the kids had a hand in it this time...but one never knows. The worst part is there were no first day of school pictures...no first day CAKE pictures...nuthin'! The cake wasn't great anyway! The bakery made a mistake and made a chocolate cake...YUK! The best thing about a chocolate cake mistake is that I didn't eat half of it!


Kyler - October 2006 - 6 months old


My little guy, Kyler, is becoming quite a little man. When I tell him this, he says, "I not a wittle man, I Kywah"(Kyler). He is in a twin bed now. Yes, just now at age 3 1/2! I'm not one of these Moms who rush out and buy a bed for my kiddo as soon as they turn 1 or 2. I say, Keep them in the crib as long as possible or until they try to get out. As much of a daredevil as Kyler is, he never tried to get out...he loved his crib. He just got too big for it...He is over 40 pounds now. We got his new bed all set up and made and we asked what he thought of it. He crossed his arms and said, "I HATE IT!" "I want my wittle bed back" Needless to say, he LOVES it now...even though he has fallen out a few times.

The potty training is going pretty well. I'm sure God has a hand in this because potty training Kobe was just a nightmare that I don't want to relive. Kyler is waking up dry on many mornings and going potty at school and at home most of the time now. At 3 1/2 he's not potty trained early by any means but he is years (literally) ahead of where Kobe was with potty training at this age.


Kyler - April 2009 - 3 years old. This picture really captures his personality. Shirt too big...camo shorts...rain boots...crazy hair!

Even though my little guy is getting bigger and talking like crazy, there are a few words that I'm in no hurry for him to say correctly. I've been writing them in my journal so I won't forget them. The thing is...he actually can say all of these words correctly and will when I coach him...but he always reverts back to his comfortable way of saying them.

I'd like to share with you some of our favorites:

Can't = Sant (as in "I sant do it")

Seatbelt = Gate Bo (as in "I sant get my Gate Bo on")

Diego (from the show) = Hago

Yo Gabba Gabba (quite possibly the weirdest show ever) = Dabba Dabba

Kobe = was Dubby...then Dobe...now Kobe

O.K. = Ko-hay

He has started calling us by our real names...I, however, prefer Mommy...

Mommy = Chackie (for Jackie)

Daddy = Pat

...and our all-time favorite...

Cheeseburger = Cheese-Buh-Bug


Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Gate Bo! That is so cute!! Ko-hay is funny too. I just love the things kids say.
    My daughter still calls a banana a "balana" and I love it.
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so I'm a little slow . . .blog makeover, looks cool.
    Don't you just love those made up words. The 5 year old grandson makes the school cooks cringe when he says chicken magets for chicken nuggets.
    And I can't believe there is someone who doesn't like chocolate cake! Don't come to my house this evening then, I just made one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.