Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series Book Review by Guest Author Kobe (age 8-almost 9)





I have five Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. The names are:

Book 1 is Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Book 2 is Diary of a Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules
Book 3 is Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Last Straw
Book 4 is Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do It Yourself
Book 5 is Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days

The colors of the books are: Red is book 1 and book 4, Blue is book 2, Green is book 3 and yellow is book 5. The characters are: Greg, Rowley, Mom, Dad, Dog, Creighton, Manny and Rodrick.

The newest one is Dog Days and it came out on October 12, 2009 and we got it on October 12, 2009. We put it on hold at Barnes and Noble so we were one of the first ones to get it.

These are my favorite books! I like them because the comics are humongously funny. I like them so much I bring all 5 books to school everyday. My favorite one is Book 1.

My favorite comic is:
"Doctor could I have a new butt?" "My old one has a crack in it".
"Creighton, I told you a million times everyone's butt has a crack in it".
"Oh yeah I forgot".

You should read the books because the comics are just funny. I would have to say that this book series is for second grade and up.

Thanks for reading my book review.

-By the newest author Kobe.

Here are some pictures:










8 comments:

  1. Awesome review Kobe!! I know several kids whom also love these books. I have read parts of them and now I want to read them all! They sound hilarious! Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kobe for taking over for your Mom. She needs a break ever once in awhile.
    I have a little friend who is reading that sme series.
    Good job in write the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kobe did you like the newest one? I've been thinking about getting it for Brandons birthday what do you think should I get it for him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful review, Kobe! I like your style. Wouldn't it be cool is years from now another 8, almost 9 year old reviews a series of books you wrote! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kobe,
    My son LOVES these books and he is in 7th grade!!! He read Dog Days in about 2 hours. As he was reading, he started to laugh at nearly every other page! He also tried out for the part of the Wimpy Kid for the movie! He didn't get the part, but had fun trying! Great job with the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent review Kobe! You made me want to read the books. That joke was really funny.
    Great pictures too. Good job.
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for an awesome book review Kobe. My son loves the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books but I don't think he knows about the new yellow one...do you think I should surprise him?

    Good job!

    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kobe, great review! I love your word 'humongously'. I think I will borrow it, if you don't mind. Sounds like a fun book series! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.