Friday, October 2, 2009

Nesting...


There is much nesting going on in my home in the past couple of weeks. A refocus on our home instead of other things. An excuse of being too busy has been used for the past few years. Busy we are, but there is still time to take care of the home we love. Some things have been neglected and now need to be tended to.

Together a list was penned and progress has already been made on the marking off of things. Marked off things like 30 year old overgrown shrubs are now gone. New and younger looking plants are going in their well established place. Paint will soon be scraped, old and warped floors replaced, needle-crafts that decorate our home will be picked up again, things we don’t need given to those who do.

Spring and Fall are always nesting times for me.

Fall...the time to tidy up our home and make it cozy and comfortable for the coming holiday celebrations and winters snuggle in.

Spring...the time to open up, air out and pare down for the simpler summer days ahead.

As my spring and summer cleaning was deep this year, the fall work will be too.

Crossing things off the list feels good. Like Progress.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you are taking before and after pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing things off one's list, is super...

    Empowering...

    Shows achievement...

    Allows us to give ourselves a deserved pat on the back...

    Doesn't get much better than this!

    Congratulations to you!!!

    Aunt Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of that about the seasons...but it is so true. It is kind of like nesting in the Fall!
    We make lists too...and it does seem to help get things done!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, progress! Listmaker extraordinaire, that's me. However, I'm not always successful with crossing most things off the lists. I'm making progress on that though, and today was a good day. Hope to hear more about your Fall Nesting! You never fail to inspire me, Jackie :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for this: "the time to tidy up our home and make it cozy and comfortable for the coming holiday celebrations and winters snuggle in". You've inspired me to get on my list of things to complete that has been lying around annoyingly for weeks!
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nesting, home, good words, good things, gifts from God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snuggle in.....I use that phrase all the time and it's so true for this season. I am doing the same thing in our home....crossing off so many things on the list that got neglected the end of the summer. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree. i love to make lists just to see that i have accomplished a thing or two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it always feels good to accomplish a task that has been waiting for some time; no matter how small, it's always nice to feel a sense of accomplishment.
    Be well! ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.