Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Little Peek At Our 2009 Holiday Decorations

I'm glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy the little tour of our 2009 holiday decorations.

The year-round decor of our home is definitely leaning toward the shabby/folk-art/flea market look and the holiday decor is no different.

I have a few groupings around the house that I think turned out cute this year. Our tree is filled with family ornaments...many from when Pat and I were kids. The photo of the ornament with my name on it is one of my favorites. My Grandma or Mom made this in 1973. The year is stitched on the other side. (I need to find out who made it)

Each year I add one family ornament and one ornament for each of the boys. The ornaments that I buy for the boys will be lovingly handed over to them when they have their own homes someday. I've started lots of traditions like this but this is the only one I've really stuck with and each of them have at least one ornament beginning with their first Christmas.












I hope you enjoyed the tour!

Jackie

8 comments:

  1. Your house looks beautiful and so cozy.
    Happy holidays.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decor, Jackie. I love the 'long-legged' deer! I'm just enjoying everyone else's Christmas decorations this year. Too many projects going on and not enough room to decorate. We are celebrating in all other ways, but I miss our tree & all the trimmings! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure did! Thank you for sharing!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Christmas Wishes~
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jackie! I love the vignette on the chair! I too have been 'collecting' ornaments for the twins. I joked with my husband that once they fly the coop we'll have a very bare tree, but truth be told, I collected lots of ornaments for myself when I was a little girl!

    Be well! ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your style! and your cute decor. i love touring through peoples homes via the blogs! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. All so pretty! And I especially love the simplicity of the ornament balls in a Mason jar. Well, it looks like a big Mason jar to me anyway. I'm drawn to such, it seems. :-)

    Mmmm, wondering if you are still managing to carve out some time for yourself and your things...... Even though you didn't maintain your blogging holiday? :-) We can do a little of each, you know. :-)

    Mmmm, sure! I say it but fall down on it, myself. So I'm no one to *admonish* any other bloggers! -giggles-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the decorations! Your home looks very cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.