Saturday, January 9, 2010

Where January Finds Me...

January this year finds me loving my home. This love is long overdue as I had come to see my home as a burden in the last few months...maybe years. Viewing my home as a burden instead of a blessing is selfish, I know...but that's where I've been. I'm feeling revived to make the turn back to love again.. My list is still long but my attitude has changed and that makes all the difference. So, this January finds me spending time making my home one of my priorities again.

January also finds me baking bread and trying to find the perfect creamy coffee color for my bathroom...

January finds me sketching out garden plans in my journal and longingly looking at my collection of garden magazines and newly arrived catalogs...

It also finds me looking for brightness in the dreary and long days. Flowers given to me BY me are one my winter treats that make me smile whenever I see them...and...a bowl full of oranges taste great and brighten the dining room...

January finds me starting a new collection of utilitarian beauty. Decorating with salvage type materials is beauty to me. A bowl full of glass topped fuses sparkles in the dreariness of January.

These first few days of January find me content and filled with a the promise of a new year!







11 comments:

  1. Just great thoughts. I love the fuses. Brings back memories from when I was little and the lights would go out. I'd help Dad change the fuses. We spent alot of time together, especially in the winter with all the chores. Seeing your fuses brought back some great memories on this snowy day. Thanks Jackie!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are seeing your home as a blessing instead of a burden. So easy to get into that rut isn't it? I spent part of today looking for some fabric for a valance for my living room window.I've lived with a naked window wayyyyy ttoooo looong! Sewing is always a good way to spend a cold day! I love those bowls .They remind me of some bowls that I used to see in the Terry's Village catalog. I always ment to order them and now of course, they no longer carry them! Isn't it the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures today are so cool. I'd never think to take a picture of my oranges. I might have to do that.
    Your kitchen, the flour container, I have the same one, but without a bail. Now I am wondering if it ran away ? ? ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew old fuses could be so lovely on display? You, as usual, have given me food for thought too. Thanks as always for the inspiration, Jackie! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say you're well on your way. Everything looks beautiful. I love the green bowl the oranges are in, great contrast!

    Let me know when you can come to the farmhouse and do your thing!

    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  6. A warm and inspiring entry!

    Thank you.

    We need such, in January!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE it! Makes me feel a little guilty about how much I dislike the place Im living. :) The fuses are sweet in your bowl. Thanks for following my blog and by the way I will be joining you as well!
    Hugs from Poland,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your January looks beautiful. The photos are great!

    When we moved to Nebraska I hated everything about it. And my house freaked me out. It was big and old and scary. It took awhile, but I've finally started to fall in love with it. It's beginning to feel like home. The house and the state of Nebraska.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jackie, thank you for writing on my blog today. I came here to discover you, and goodness, your blog is lovely! Beautiful words and beautiful pictures. I'm glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo I love the idea of the bowl of fuses!! I love all the things you are embracing in this wonderful start of a new year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.