Monday, February 1, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook - February 1, 2010


I thought this would be fun to do every so often...


FOR TODAY . . . Monday, February 1st

Outside my window . . . Cloudy and Gray! Cold!

I am thinking . . . about all the work I have to do in the office since I missed almost the whole week last week.

I am thankful for . . .good health...since it's been a rare commodity in our home the last couple of weeks.

I am wearing . . . Jeans, Jean Jacket and Purple top...and my new scrabble tile necklace I purchased from etsy.

I am creating...action plans for all the events coming up at work this semester.

I am remembering. . . if you have your health, you have everything.

I am going . . . to the dentist and then to work for the day.

I am reading . . . Healing Sands by Nancy Rue and Dr. Stephen Arterburn

I am hoping . . . Kobe is feeling much better by the time I return home from work today.

I am hearing...Nothing...absolute quiet!!

On my mind . . .I need to balance my checkbook, pay bills, tackle my desk at work, organize my tasks at work, tackle the laundry when I get home and when am I going to get to the grocery store? Also, I have to work on my class tonight!

Noticing that . . . I'm tense thinking about everything that needs to be done this week and I'd rather be cross-stitching.

Pondering these words . . .the truest thing about me is is not my identity as a wife, mom, employee, etc. but my desire for God and my capacity to reach for more of God than I have right now is the deepest essence of who I am.

From the kitchen . . .maple brown sugar pork chops tonight.

What are we doing this week . . . trying to get back to normal. Also, I'm attending a new group at church this week called Sacred Rhythms...hence the pondering above (grin).

Here is a picture I'm sharing...One of the scrabble tile pendants I purchased...



If you'd like to join in...click HERE to go to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Jackie

5 comments:

  1. Great daybook entry! I enjoy these because it gives each of us a way to look back over our lives. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the post today, well I always do of course. Little hint here I learned from Heloise on decluttering. I was thinking about you decluttering/ organizing your desk. She says do what she calls the 5 or 5 method. Spend 5 minutes throwing out/ organizing an area, or throw 5 things out. I do this a lot with my drawer in the bathroom.It really does help keep control of a drawer. I'm thinking a drawer in a desk would dbe equivilant. Actually , when you're talking about a desk, there's probably more to throw out than in a make up drawer. I know our endtable drawer can get carried away quickly if I don't do this at least once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I like to visit Daybooks that I've never been to before and yours was on the list for me today!
    GREAT BLOG! These Daybooks are making me hungry today...everyone is cooking such yummy things!
    Hope that you will take time for that cross-stitching...the rest of it will still be there whether you do it or not...so why not?
    ::SMILE::
    Hope you enjoy your new group at Church!
    Peace to Your Family!
    Judy@http://www.thebestofhomeschoolfaithandfamilylife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Fun way to reflect back on the things you did "long ago" when it is not "today" anymore! :) Your dinner sounded like a yummy one.

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.