Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Am I a Fainting Goat or a Leaping Lamb? Talk Back to Women of Faith...



As I read through today's post at the Women of Faith Blog I had to really think about the question posed there today...Am I a Fainting Goat or a Leaping Lamb?

My first response was "Of course... I'm a Leaping Lamb".  Most of the time and in most situations I feel like that is a true statement.  I rejoice at the little things my life has to offer.  I know I'm blessed and I try to take it all in and be thankful for what I have in my life.

But...

This is real life!  There are a couple of situations in my life where Fainting Goat Behavior has been witnessed...even lately.  Here is what my Fainting Goat Behavior looks like:

Too many visits to Starbucks to get a Vanilla Latte...or...Very Berry Coffee Cake...or...a Cranberry Bliss Bar...

Too much time spent viewing Facebook...

and

Too much time spent online shopping for handbags!

I've grown and I'm less of that Old Goat in these areas every day...but it's a process.  Possibly a Life-Long process, but that's okay.  Sometimes these growth areas are good and a way to stretch my faith even further and they help me to recognize that God is in control and He is there to embrace me and comfort me.  His comfort is so much better than a Vanilla Latte any day!

Leap!

I want to be like the Leaping Lamb in every area of my life.  It's one of my top goals!

Be Joyful!


Take Delight in the Lord and He Will Give You Your Hearts Desires
Psalm 37:4





4 comments:

  1. I am clearly a work in progress!
    Blessings and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful God is patient with me. I think we all struggle with different areas in our lives -- strengths and weaknesses. By the way, I love the new look of your blog! So cheerful! Have a very BLESSED DAY. Stay cool . . . sure am hoping the cool down they are telling us is coming for next week really happens :0!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thanking God that He won't leave me as I am today because I'm a fainting goat in so many ways! :o) But I'm always striving to leap and your post has been an inspiration to me this morning. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post.
    I really like the new look at your blog. The width is pleasing to the eye. I have been thinking of trying something new. I just hate to give up the free backgrounds.
    You have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.