Monday, September 6, 2010

Rest. Renewal.

re·new

: to make like new : restore to freshness, vigor, or perfection renew our strength in sleep> or 
: to make new spiritually : regenerate.


With paintbrush in hand and boys playing outside with their friends these last two weekends I've had some time to think.  The quiet and repetitive motion of the strokes of a paintbrush give way to thinking about renewal.  As the walls take on a new life... I think about my own.  Changing seasons spur thoughts about  beginning again.  Starting Fresh.  Sometimes I need that too.  Just as I step back and assess the paint job...I
need to step back and evaluate my life and make changes.  Renew.  Renewal.  To make like New.

Just like the One has taught - Rest and Renewal - are essential for growth.

May this Labor Day be a day of Rest and Renewal for you as it will be for me.

Until Next Time,

Jackie
*photo courtesy of flickr.com

4 comments:

  1. I plan on painting and renewing alot this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I hope to rest in my comfortable new digs when I finally finish painting too. Sounds like we've been doing similar things the last few weekends. I hope you'll post pictures of your finished paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! We all need rest. Our minds, our bodies, and our soul. It's hard to listen to God when we're going 100 miles an hour :0! Thanks for the reminder. Sure hope you got your painting done . . . I hate to paint :0!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that you've had some time to reflect! I'll be doing some painting coming up and I'm glad you inspired me to make it a meditative time. To let each brush stroke give me renewing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.