Thursday, December 2, 2010

Got Cranberries?

   
I looked in my refrigerator on Tuesday and I had 3 bags of Cranberries left over from Thanksgiving.  I found a recipe for Cranberry Cake at Taste of Home so I thought I'd try it out.  It has been a huge hit at our house and I'll definitely make it again.  It is the perfect blend of tart and sweet and it's surprisingly light since there is no frosting.  We top it with whipped cream.  Enjoy!

Cranberry Cake

Ingredients

  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
  • 2/3 cup chopped pecans
  • Whipped cream, optional

Directions

  • In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until slightly thickened and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Add butter and extract; beat 2 minutes. Gradually stir in flour just until combined. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
  • Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.

Thanks For Stopping By,


Jackie

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. This looks so good and I love everything cranberry.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to "meet" you too Jackie. I just posted a giveaway for the 1st 7 comments if you are interested. I look forward to keeping in touch with your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe sounds delicious. Your blog is beautiful and so very festive, all decked out for Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie! Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I welcome comments, too! Your blog is very pretty and Christmasy. The recipe looks very good and I'll be trying it out. I have a question, tho, about the cranberries. If I use fresh ones, do they have to be cooked first before adding to the cake? I'm afraid I'm not up on cranberries except the occasional salad at the holidays.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog and hope you will enjoy mine! It's always good to make new blog friends!

    Have a great day,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie! Had to stop back by here and let you know that I just saw your comment in my post about our trip to Branson. When I wrote to you before, I hadn't seen it! Glad to meet another Missouri blogger! I'll be back.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to try this. It looks good. I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I soooo want toi try this. My family and I work at a college kitchen..........this would be so num! Thank you for putting it up for us.....Your blog is adorable. I just found you on my store as a follower. So nice to have you. Blessings to your day!
    Linda
    Prairie Flower Farm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.