Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On My Bookshelves...



At the beginning of 2011 I made a deal with myself that I would spend less time online and spend more of my free time reading and watching movies...two things that I hadn't spent much time doing in the last couple of years because of being plugged in all the time to Facebook, Blogger, Google Reader and Twitter.
As of today, I have stuck by my deal.  However, as a result, my blogging has suffered...so has my housework and laundry at times...but...I have really enjoyed unplugging from the digital world and actually turning real pages in real books.


I want to share with you what I'm reading now and what I plan to pick up at the library in the next few weeks.



What I'm Reading Right Now...

One Thousand Gifts: A Dare To Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp
As you know, I'm a library girl...but...I bought this book because I have been reading Ann's blog - A Holy Experience -for several years and I'm so inspired by her beautiful writing.  I encourage you to read this book and visit her blog.


Made To Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire With God, Not Food by Lysa TerKeurst (I'm doing this as a study and So Far...So Good.  I'm learning things about myself and thinking about food differently.



Next In Line...

The Life Ready Woman: Thriving In A Do It All World by Shaunti Feldhahn

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story by Ree Drummond

The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of Little House on the Prairie by Wendy McClure

Tiger, Tiger: A Memoir by Margaux Fragoso 

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown

 

Are you reading anything I should add to my list?

Thanks For Stopping By,

Jackie

9 comments:

  1. I just read 2 really good books on my Kindle. They are Why Me? by Sarah Burleton and Lies I Told My Children by Karen McQuestion. I hope you are able to check them out sometime. I couldn't put them down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading The Weird Sisters, still on my waiting list at the library.
    I saw your post on blogfrog and was "lured" in by the topic of books! I look forward to reading more.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you - glad you are enjoying your time away xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand. As wonderful as social networking is...other important things get put to the side. I'm glad you're finding some balance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voskamp is on my "to read" list. As part of my recent journeys through my own faith, I read a lot of Frederick Buechner--his memoir Telling Secrets is amazing. Another work that I recently read (and am about to reread) is The Spirit of Food, 34 Writers on Feasting and Fasting Towards God, edited by Leslie Leyland Fields. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your header is beautiful! I am so glad to find your blog. We do have many things in common.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just ordered Made to Crave. It looks really good. I'm also waiting for Liz Curtis Higgs' next book.

    God bless!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the suggestions. My sister-in-law says the Pioneer Woman's Tractor Wheels book is great! I look forward to reading it also.
    Laura
    http://lauranell.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you Jackie!!

    I'm enjoying more reading time lately - and I am definitely a library girl! Good choice of books.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.