Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thank You Kindly...

Remember when I posted about my cousin Denise being diagnosed with Breast Cancer back in January? You can read about it here.   She is doing GREAT!!  She has done so well with her chemo treatments and has adjusted to life without hair and WITH wig!  In fact, the last time I asked her how she was handling the wig situation she said, "I Love it, I don't have to mess with my hair and I just throw on the wig and we go".  How's that for a great attitude?  Her attitude has been amazing throughout this whole process and she has inspired me in so many ways.

This post is to Thank YOU, my blog friends!  Even when I posted so infrequently this winter, many of you emailed me or posted comments to tell me that you still had Denise in your prayers, on prayer lists with your churches or that she was still in your thoughts. 

Your prayers have been felt and have uplifted Denise and everyone who has been going through this with her.  

This community of bloggers is amazing!  Most of you I found through other blogs, blog lists, blog communities and even Google searches.  I love taking a peek into your lives through your blogs (even when I don't comment as often as I should) and I'm honored when you take the time to peek into my life through my blog.

So, I'm coming to you asking for prayer again.  This week Denise will have her last treatment in this round.  In 3 weeks she will begin weekly treatments that will last for 12 weeks.  The effects of weekly treatments are unknown at this time.  

And on another note...Isn't that the cutest cupcake ever?  I found it on flickr.com

Thank you so much!

Jackie

7 comments:

  1. Jackie, I am so, so happy to hear Denise is in wonderful spirits! Best news I've had today. I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I just love her attitude and I know she will come out of this stronger than ever!

    Hugs ~Andrea~

    PS. That's a cupcake?? I would never have known! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome news! Prayers really do work! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Denise!! You go girl!

    And that's a cupcake?? so cute, too cute to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie, this is wonderful news for Denise. I hope she continues to stay so well, and optimistic.

    Amazing cupcake - you wouldn't want to spoil it by taking a bite though!

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome news and I love her positive attitude! Maybe wigs should be the in thing?!? What a pretty cupcake! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayer really does work! I've been doing my share for Denise. Have a great Spring, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news about Denise! I will continue to keep her in my prayers. I would never have guessed that was a cupcake - adorable!
    Enjoy the warm temps & sunshine... Happy Spring, Jackie!! =)
    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.