Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No...Things Aren't Okay...

One of my favorite pics of Blake and Kobe

My goal for this blog has always been to record my blessings in hopes that someone else will also be blessed by what I've experienced or what I write about.

Sometimes...things just aren't okay though.

One of Kobe's best friends passed away last Thursday morning.  Blake was 10 years old.  He had survived the Cancer that invaded his body when he was a baby.  But...last week his body developed an infection that he couldn't fight off. He was at school on Wednesday until he went home sick in the afternoon.  And...Thursday morning...He was gone. 

We are overwhelmed with emotions.  Sadness, Shock, Disbelief.  And...my new emotion today...Anger!

Helping my son work through his grief and supporting Blake's family are my main focus right now.  Working through my own emotions is exhausting.

The following lyrics keep playing in my head when I allow myself to sit still and think about it all.  I've shared the video below.  

Blake's family and everyone close to them could use your prayers!




"Praise You In This Storm"
by Casting Crowns

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

[Chorus:]
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

[Chorus]

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth



4 comments:

  1. Jackie, I am so sorry. When you are devastated and hurting badly things can't be okay but you are seeking the Lord and that is our only hope. I will be praying for you, your family and of course, your son's friends family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my dear Jackie. Much love and prayers streaming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm speechless. How devastating for all concerned. Somehow we know by faith that God will bring good out of this. Our only hope is to trust Him, because we sure can't see it with our eyes. Heartfelt sympathies dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so very sorry Jackie.

    My thoughts and prayers are with all who shared Blake's short and precious life.

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.