Monday, May 2, 2011

State Capitol With The 4th Graders...


Hello Friends,

I have lost my blogging mojo for the last few months.  I'm trying to get it back.  In March I had the opportunity to go on a field trip with Kobe's class to the Jefferson City, MO and tour the State Capitol and the Governor's Mansion.  We had a great day and I learned a lot.  Even though I have been in the capitol several times for work related events, I had never had an actual tour.  It was a lot of fun...especially hearing the kids comments and seeing what they were most interested in. 

The most interesting part of the tour, for me, was sitting in on a legislative session and hearing the legislators debate and vote on bills.  It was really great for the kids to see how the voting process works instead of reading about it in their textbooks.

It was a fun day and we'll be going back soon to take photos of the flowers around the capitol grounds.


Kobe and I on the Capitol Steps...
Governor's Mansion...
One Of The Many Murals Inside The Capitol.  This Is Kobe's Favorite - Jesse James!
Missouri State Capitol...
Neat View Of The Capitol From The Parking Garage...

Mr. Cool On The Capitol Steps!


Lewis & Clark Memorial...


Thanks For Stopping By...

Jackie

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that Lewis and Clark bronze awesome? Did you get to go to the upstairs that is in the roped off section? I've always wanted to go up there.
    Looked like a beautiful day in my neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love touring the capitol. It was my very favorite field trip in highschool. :) looks like you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.