Thursday, June 2, 2011

And Now About The Wrinkles...


Ladies...some of you may remember when I wrote this sweet little post a year or so ago.  It was all sweetness and honey about how I'm embracing my 40's and how I look so much different now than I did in my 20's and how I'm so OKAY with it all.  

Well...this morning as I'm putting on my makeup for 2nd time...I'm saying to myself..."Are you kidding me?  What is up with this makeup?".  

It's the WRINKLES I tell you!  

Powders.  Liquids.  Matte.  Dewy.  Primers.  Serums. 

Doesn't seem to matter the formulation...things just don't glide on my face like they used to. 

It's okay...really.  It is.  I'm Embracing My Wrinkles...Really...

But Still...There Are Those Days...

Okay...Enough about my vanity for today.

Thank You and Amen!



Jackie

4 comments:

  1. Oh, dear Jackie, I could say something like "just wait until you turn 50.." :) But I won't. I know, there are *days* and there are days (where I just don't notice those wrinkles so much). But I must say that hydrating honey mask looks interesting.. lol.. I'm always trying something new for those wrinkles that don't bother me. So much ;) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where you're comin' from sister! This 46 year old gal (almost 47) feels your pain. What was that old commercial "I'm not growing old gracefull, I'm fighting it every step of the way!" I am torn between "embracing" my age, and "embracing" WRINKLE CREAM :0!!! Great post Jackie :0! And I think you look purty just the way you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie,
    When I turned 40 I had a great sense of self... well it hasn't been a year yet and I'm so over it.
    Getting old bites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie: at 55, I love the fact that I am still here! Aging bets the alternative!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.