Thursday, September 15, 2011

Oh, September...

I love September,
especially when we're in it.
-Willie Stargell


As I write this...it is 41 degrees this morning.  I have the oven on and the door open to warm up my kitchen...I'm drinking my coffee with vanilla caramel creamer.  I love cool, fall mornings.  Something about this time of year makes me want to bake some of this and while it's in the oven set to work on some deep cleaning in this house.  In the garden, I'm enjoying watching the blooms fade and some of the leaves start to fall.  We have a new friend who has moved in under our driveway...a groundhog...a large one.  Maybe he, too, is enjoying fall and looking to spruce up his home before the cold sets in.   I'm guessing he is all huddled up in his new home this morning though, since there is a chill in the air.  I suspect we don't really want a groundhog living under our driveway since kids are playing in that area all the time.  Hmmmm...if it weren't for the possible dangers...I kind of like the thought of a groundhog living under the driveway.

I hope it's feeling Septemberish wherever you are today. 


Jackie





6 comments:

  1. It was 41 at my house this morning too. I do more baking in the fall than any other time. I love fall. The crispness to the air. The smells of fall: pumpkins, caramel, apple, roasting marshmallows. Enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love September, too. And October!! I was just thinking of baking something myself. Actually, I think the warmth from the oven will be nice! Can you believe I'm saying that after the hot weather we've had? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely feeling Septemberish here in Indiana today. What beautiful sunshine and cool breezes we have. Makes for such good sleeping at night under the warm covers with my feet sticking out! ha

    You are braver than me Jackie! I wouldn't like the thought of a groundhog living anywhere close to my house.

    Thank you for your comment yesterday on my blog.

    ♥Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're starting to feel the coolness here today. Little sad to see the warm weather go but it has been a really hot season. I do love fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite time of year as well! Love all the pictures and your fall decorations. I hope to get some of mine up this weekend as well! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. September has arrived sweet and cool (almost chill) here in Ohio. Leaves are starting to turn. I love this time of year and feel myself growing energized after a sometimes difficult spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.