Friday, September 9, 2011

Surprisingly Satisfied...




12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. 
Philippians 4:12-13


This weekend I'm mediating on the verse above in Philippians.  I feel this one. I know what's it's like to not know if you're going to have a roof over your head or food on the table.  Although my Mom did a great job providing for us...this was a very real part of my childhood.  A part of my past that I'm grateful for now. 
I know the feeling of lack. 


This weekend I plan to sign my first Resolution.  A Resolution To Be Content.  


The Resolution reads like this...


I do solemnly resolve to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it.  
I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment.

Resolved,


Jackie


4 comments:

  1. Lovely....thank you. It's something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed reading this. We all forget to be thankful for where we are and for what we have.

    I was never without but knew people who were and I try never to take for granted anything good in my life.

    I need to ponder on the verse you shared. It's one I'm not really familiar with.

    Blessings, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jackie!

    :)Janet
    www.homeward4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.