Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Following The Star...A Daily Online Advent Devotional


A great morning for me is waking around 5:30am (at least an hour before my kids wake up), starting my coffee maker, throwing in a load of laundry and then heading downstairs to read, journal and pray.  This time by myself each morning is so important to me and gets my day off to a great start.  Sometimes it's hard to do this during the holidays though.  I'm tired and busy and sometimes even sitting for 15 minutes to write something in my journal is difficult.  A few years ago I discovered Following The Star...and I loved it from the first click.

I encourage you to visit the site.  The music is beautiful and helps me focus.  The readings are not long and are relevant to the Christmas season.  If you don't already have a daily devotional time to read scripture, talk to God and focus on your day...this site is a great way to start.  If you would like other devotional time ideas let me know and I would love to chat with you about it.

My Devotional Basket



Jackie

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good devotional. I'll go look at the site. I love the idea of baking the bread for gifts for your neighbors. I plan on doing some baking next week and will share with our neighbors as well this year. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, I get out of synch in the winter and my morning devotional time is sporadic. In the warmer months, I spend the time on our back porch. I guess I need to find a cozy spot indoors that will entice me, and put my journal and books and pens there.

    I'm off to check out the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this link on one of your older posts and all I can say is Thank You! Had a horrible week at work and this website was just what I needed for restoration and to solidify what the real meaning of the season is. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you get up early each day to ensure you invite God to be part of it. How inspirational! I often stay up late (like tonight) to get that quiet mediation time but doing it in the morning when you can receive and act upon His direction is a much more effective way to do it. I will check out the site you suggested, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.