Thursday, January 12, 2012

Brrrr...Blessings On A Snowy Day...


Taking cover under a bird feeder on the deck...


This week I began journaling my blessings once again. The goal to reach one thousand or more this year.  How can I not be content when I write all I'm grateful for each day?  Even the little things add up to Joy when they are counted.  

Today we get to move a little slower as school was cancelled.  The kids are ecstatic and can't wait to get outside to play.  Oh, and I enjoy these days too...when I can go into work a little later or leave a little earlier (or both like today).

From the journal today...counting my way to 1000 gifts.

8.  A full night's sleep when I haven't had many of those lately...
9.  A flexible job for snow days like we're having today...
10.  Bird friends who keep us entertained all winter long...
 

 
Bird tracks to the front porch feeder...


Jackie

12 comments:

  1. Oh, such lovely photos today, thank you for sharing them! Enjoy the snow day - we don't get them often enough, do we? I am enjoying your 'blessings' so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for having a short work day today!!!! I got up early, left the house early,drove slowly and got here fine, but, I am SO READY to go home!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got to work okay and hope you made it home safely as well. Look forward to seeing you on Pinterest too!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe so many schools were cancelled today. Others were open, just starting later. It really didn't snow that much around here. I like your snow photos. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, I couldn't believe they cancelled school here for an inch or so of snow. The kids were happy though. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Love how you are counting your blessings and your day sounds wonderful.....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying out this new threaded comments feature in blogger...let's see how it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like it's working...but I'm wondering if folks get notified that there has been a reply to their comment.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.