Sunday, May 27, 2012

Peace and Quiet...



Can you have too many Hydrangea Bushes?  I don't think so.   Seven...that's how many I counted today in my yard and I'm thinking about another one.  All but one of them are in my backyard...where I spend most of the time when I'm outside. 

Peaceful...and Quiet...That's what they say to me...and Old Fashioned like what you might see at your Grandma's house.

The pink one in the above photo is under my office window at the back of the house, but it looks to me like it belongs in front of a shabby old farmhouse with white peeling paint.  My farmhouse porch would be surrounded by hydrangeas and I would be sitting on my porch swing with a warm breeze blowing.  I'd be looking out at my garden and see hollyhocks, pole beans and heirloom tomatoes. Now, that's a sweet daydream.

 

You know, I've been nursing these beauties for approximately seven years now.  They have had just a few blooms in those years.  This year...they are covered.  I feel like all my nurturing has paid off.  Or it's some quirk of nature...which is what happens so often in my garden.  

See that bowl of water in the photo above?  It's my DIY bird bath.  An old stump with an overturned clay pot placed on it and the dish of water on top...with a pretty rock in it.  I catch someone taking a bath in it almost every time I go out back.  It's surrounded by Lemon Balm, Hostas and Daylillies with my Blue Hydrangea in the foreground.   It's one of my favorite spots in the garden.  Lately...this is where I spend my early mornings before everyone else is awake.  Drinking coffee with vanilla caramel creamer, contemplating my day, praying and enjoying the peace and quiet of summer mornings.

 

Time for a refill on my coffee...I hope you find some peace...and quiet...today as well.  Have a great Sunday.


--jackie

3 comments:

  1. I love hydrangeas! Our soil is very alkaline here so no magical blue ones for me. Sigh. Yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hydrangeas too, yours are so pretty. It's great when everything comes together in the garden at any one particular moment in time. Lovely post Jackie.

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too. I think those and daffodils were the only flowers I can remember at my grandmothers home when I was small. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.