Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer Journaling...


The unofficial start to summer is here.  School is out and the weather is warm.  It feels and looks like summer here in Mid-Missouri.  We just have a few plans this summer.  We hope to do a lot of outdoor activities like fishing, swimming and picnics.  I hope to be able to pull the boys away from riding bikes and skateboards and hanging out with friends and do a little journaling with them.  They both like to write and enjoy taking pictures so I'm hoping we'll be able to work it in this summer.  If nothing else, I hope to fill my own journal with thoughts, dreams, photos, magazine cutouts and sketches...just like I used to do as a young girl.

However, I'm not a young girl anymore as my 25th high school reunion is this summer...GASP...how can that EVEN be possible?  With age...and responsibilities like kids, a job and a house to run it's harder to feel those carefree summer feelings that I had when I was younger.  Summers were magical and really seemed to go on forever.  I hope to capture some of that in my journal this summer.



Here are some summer journals that are inspiring me...

Summer Planning...

Great Idea For The Boys...
Garden Journaling...
And Writing...



---jackie

2 comments:

  1. Seems like a great idea and a great way to make memories of your summers! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. I laughed, though--your (gasp!) 25th high school reunion is coming up? Ha. Warren will be at his 40TH this summer (I'm 2 years behind him). I've been out of LAW SCHOOL longer than you have been out of high school! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.