Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Twins Did It Again...

Have I told you that my Mom has an identical twin sister? They have always had similar taste in clothing, hairstyles, home decor, etc.  Right now they live 3-4 hours away from each other and have lived as far as 20 hours away from each other.  They haven't lived in the same town or even the same county for 25 years.  

For as long as I can remember they have purchased the same items...sometimes for themselves and sometimes for gifts.  I've seen that they had the same top or sweater at a holiday gathering.  I've seen them have the same purses and shoes as well.  In almost every instance they didn't know the other one was purchasing the same item.  

Greeting cards.  Have you been to the greeting card section of any store lately?  Literally hundreds to choose from for any occasion.  These two ladies will invariably pick the very same card and send it to the same person.  I have received the same greeting card from them myself.  I can remember my Grandma chuckling and saying, "they did it again", as she opened a greeting card once from my Mom.  She placed it on the table right next to the very same card her other daughter (my Mom's twin) had sent to her.  It has happened over and over throughout their lives.  It's never planned. 

They each sent items to my Mother-In-Laws funeral earlier this week.  Both items are perfect for my Memory Garden.  By the way...I'll be posting pictures of the garden after I pull weeds and repair damage from our resident mole (sigh).  My Aunt Debbie sent a garden stone and my Mom sent an angel.  We saw both items at the funeral home and loaded them into the car after the funeral.  When we got home, I placed them each on my dining room table and then I was finally able to read the poem on each the items. I chuckled and said, "they did it again".  It's the same poem.

Thank You Mom and Aunt Debbie...we love them both!

--jackie



p.s.  My husband has a twin brother too and none of this happens with them.  Must be because they are fraternal twins instead of identical.  Hmmmmm....




9 comments:

  1. What a great story. And the saying they picked is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! I really like the saying too!

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize your mother-in-law passed away. I'm sorry to hear! That is a great story of your mom and aunt! Hope today is a good one for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story about your mom and aunt. I loved hearing how they'd send the same cards, buy the same pieces of clothing, purses, shoes...

    And I found it interesting that your husband has a twin brother, but none of this happens with them.

    Twins are amazing people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna! Twins are so interesting to me since I'm surrounded by them I guess (: It's fun when they buy the same things and always kind of surprising even though they have done it lots of times.

      Delete
  4. My daughter has triplets. Boy boy girl. They are ten. I wonder if this will ever happen to them. Right now it's a toss up. I can't seem too many similar traits such as these. But I'll be watching.
    Thanks for sharing this. My book VADA FAITH which is on Kindle, free on Father's Day, and the paperback also available at Amazon features a set of twins VADA FAITH and her sister Joy Ruth. Then Vada Faith has a set of twin girls. I read up on the subject so I could bring to life some of their like traits. Loved reading about it.
    Anyway check out the book if you have time.
    Blessings, Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb...thanks for your comment. I can't wait to read Vada Faith...it's on my Kindle right now! (: And triplets...your daughter is very busy I suspect and it will be fun to see if they ever do any of these things.

      Delete
  5. Those are some pretty remarkable stories. I wonder if my twin cousins (men) have any such tales. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.