Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dwelling In The Pits...



We are all in those pits sometimes, aren't we?  I've been there many times in my life.  My husband Pat is there now and has been for some time now.  He has struggled with depression and anxiety the whole time I've known him (26 years). I wouldn't be truthful if I didn't say that it is really hard living with someone who struggles in this area.  I think that his struggles have driven me to seek joy more than I would have in any other situation.  Daily, I try to replenish my soul with positive thoughts, images and words...

...I have to.  

Pat doesn't do this and allows himself to sink further into those pits sometimes.  It's hard.  He knows what to do to help himself...counseling, reading, socializing...prayer.  Sometimes he's too far in the pit to do it. It's hard.  

Will you say a prayer for him? for me?





4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing so that I can keep you in my prayers. God be with you and Pat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie-
    I haven't visited your blog in ages, and here I show up, a prayer warrior, just when you ask for prayer. Asking for prayer is a blessing to your friends. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie. I hesitated to even put it out here on the blog...but I'm glad I did.

      I appreciate your prayers.

      Jackie

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.