Saturday, December 15, 2012

What Kind Of World Is This?



Someone wrote on Facebook yesterday, "...according to the Mayan calendar our world is going to end soon...but I believe our world ended today..."

Powerful words written.

The world that we have lived in has changed throughout the years, hasn't it?  It's not the world it was when we were children.  This tragedy that happened yesterday has brought us to our knees and turned our world Dark.  Lights Out.  Darkness.

I noticed today on Facebook a few people are already going back to talking about their Christmas plans, things they have purchased, things they are selling, etc.  I can't bring myself to do that.  I know life must go on...but I feel changed.  How?  I'm not sure yet.  Tragedy happens around us constantly...but this has rocked me to my core.

Innocent children and their teachers killed.  Unspeakable. 

The question many of us are asking is...Why?

I guess we'll never have the answer, will we?

I hugged my children tighter yesterday...I forgot the problems I'm facing...I stopped to Thank God for the Blessings I have.

But...

I'm Scared!

I know now that these things can be taken away in an instant.  I always knew that...but it's more apparent to me now.

Today, this day after the tragedy, what am I going to do?  What are you going to do?

I'm looking for Hope!  I'm searching for some meaning in this.  I'm seeking some Light in the sacrifice of these 27 lives.

"Every Story Has An Ending, But In Life Every Ending Is A New Beginning".
 ~unknown

I'm searching for what this new beginning might be.  

God?  Please.  Light our way.


Hopeful,






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.