Tuesday, January 8, 2013

...And another day very similar to yesterday...



That's what the weatherman said on the news this morning. "Another day very similar to yesterday". Isn't that what winter feels like? It feels like they are all the same...the days. They are the same...for the most part. We work, take care of our families, run errands, do laundry, cook meals, etc. It's probably what everyone's life is like, but sometimes it feels like I'm the only one in some sort of hamster wheel. I'm reminded of my challenge this year. I'm still counting.

Today I write in my journal...

  • Maisy brings much joy to us.
  • Wrapping up in a warm blanket on a cold morning.
  • Chunky coffee mugs.


So, what do we do with these long, winter days?  I try to embrace them.  I enjoy staying "in" and doing things like reading and craft projects that I don't have as much time for in the warmer months.  I encourage you to look outside and find something beautiful in your yard.  Even though most of the leaves are gone and the grass is dead. I am still able to find beauty in the dried plant pods, and bare branches of the trees.  How can that be beautiful, you might ask?   It's beautiful because with the faded flowers and lack of leaves I'm able to see more clearly the life in our yard.  The birds and other animals.  There is something beautiful in every season if you look.  I also know the promise of what is coming underneath those dead leaves and brown grass.  After this season of rest, everything is beautiful again in a few months.  Take a look...I think you'll see it too.  There is a Time For Everything.

I have much to be grateful for. I am Blessed. Even on these days that run right into one another.




Enjoy your time today, my friends!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and encouraging post, Jackie! You are an amazing writer...this putting down of letters that form words...this way of sharing our hearts with one another...it seems to come so naturally to you. I am blessed to have visited here this morning. (((hugs))) Dianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dianna. I feel the same way when I read your blog...always uplifting and encouraging.

      Have a great day.

      Jackie

      Delete
  2. Wow, I really enjoyed reading this post, very uplifting for me this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by today, Judy. Hoping you find some beauty today.

      Jackie

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post, Jackie. Every season has it's beauty. Thank you for reminding me to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! Hope your day is going great.

      Jackie

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the reminder. Everything is beautiful in its own way (now I'll be humming THAT song LOL). But it is so true. We get so wrapped up in the day to day, that sometimes we forget to stop and really look, or smell, or taste the good in everything. God gave us so many gifts . . . if we will just stop and enjoy them. Blessings to you :0!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, I'm humming it LOL! I write the words as a reminder to myself to slow down and take it in. Hope you're enjoying our nice January MO weather.

      Jackie

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.