Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday...

I sit here this Saturday morning finding it hard to stay still.  Something or someone keeps calling for my attention. Maisy crying at the door to go out and chase birds.  Kobe hollering from downstairs for me to see a text from a friend he is having a disagreement with.  Kyler asking me to pour him some more milk.  Not unusual for a Saturday morning around here.  Saturdays are busy and usually end up being a cleaning day, shopping day, a little bit of everything day.  Finding a quiet moment can be rare.  I'm trying to find one today, though.  Taking just a moment to Count Counting My Blessings.  I started counting earlier this week.  I have to say, that once I get past the obvious blessings (like my boys, my home, my job, etc.) it gets a little more challenging.  I'm sure it will be very challenging on some of the not-so-great days we have around here sometimes.  However, I can already see how counting things each and every day will have an affect on my life.  When I look past the BIG blessings and start searching for the small ones I will see how full my life really is.

A few on today's list are...

  • A view of the birds on my deck from my dining room table.
  • The ability to read.
  • Vanilla candles.

My Saturday morning at my dining room table is looking like this...


...and now a word about that Snowman tree in the background.  I'm thinking it may be in the basement before the day is done.  Most of the Christmas decorations are put away for another year.  The Snowman Tree, though, is still here.  I keep hearing that song from the 80's...."Should I Stay Or Should I Go Now"?  And now that I've typed it I'll be singing it ALL DAY!

Have you seen the February Gratitude Photo Challenge on my sidebar?  I hope you will consider joining us.  I'll be posting more about it here on the blog soon.  Click on it and check it out!

Have a great Saturday!








1 comment:

  1. Loved your post today, Jackie! It was special to be able to take a peek in your gratitude journal today. Because you are such a great photographer I think this counting will come to you very easily. Loved your picture today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.