Wednesday, January 2, 2013

And The Counting Begins...

And so, it's January 2nd.  If you make resolutions, then you have likely already done so.  I usually make resolutions (I call them goals).  I rarely stick to them.  I need to lose weight, save more money, eat at home more...blah...blah...blah.  These are the same goals I set for myself every year.

2012 was a hard year in so many ways.

Stress...Sadness...Heartbreak.  I'm not sorry to see it go.  I'm ready for a new year.  I'm ready to see where 2013 will take me or if it will keep me where I am.  Time will tell.  

This year, I feel different.  I just want to be more kind and gentle to everyone around me and especially to myself.  I tend to beat myself up for the mistakes I make and the outcome is overeating and overspending in many cases.   I don't want to do that anymore.  I want to face things as they come head-on and feel each and every moment.

It's not that I don't have goals and dreams for the upcoming year because I do.  I want to finally find a church home, I want to make some new friends, I want to travel, I want to finally decide on a writing project to pursue, I want to read substantial books that make me think about life and our world, I want to learn about other cultures and how people in other parts of the world live and I want to figure out what to do with all these digital photos I have, I want to begin volunteering again and I want my marriage to be better.

Mostly, though,  I want to savor all the minutes of this year.  The boys are growing up so fast.  I'm getting older.  It seems like time is racing.



So, I AM going to set one goal this year.  I'm going to to Count My Blessings.

Literally.

Each day, in my journal, I am going to write at least one thing I am Thankful for.  I hope to write more...I expect to write more.  But one grateful thing is okay.  Sometimes I will post them here. 

I'm starting today.

Blessings to all of you!



3 comments:

  1. Jackie, I am SO excited for you as you begin your numbering. Truly, doing this ONE thing has changed my life in so many ways! The more I count the more I find to count! Hugs to you, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dianna! I really needed your encouragement today. I'm excited about numbering them...

      Jackie

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.