Saturday, January 24, 2009

Protecting His Cousin...

This week Angie told me that Mya has a boy in her class who is a bully. He is mean to the girls and this week Mya was in the line of fire for his mean-ness. Amazing that this happens in kindergarten. He told her some things like she is ugly and that he hates her, etc. Understandably everyone is upset by this. So, on the way home from school I told Kobe what had happened that day. His immediate response was, "If I ever see him I'm going to punch him in the face". Now, I'm not encouraging that and in fact I told Kobe that punching him wouldn't be the best solution (like he would ever do that anyway...Kyler on the other hand, I'm not so sure) and we talked about some other ways that Kobe could help if he ever witnessed anyone being mean to Mya or anyone for that matter. However, I thought it was really sweet that he immediately wanted to protect his cousin who he loves so much!

2 comments:

  1. I am an elementary principal and I love his response, even if I couldn't condone it. Let him know that (hopefully) all the adults around Mya are there to protect her and the best way he can help is to let the adult in charge know what is going on. He'll be a hero in her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Terri. That is almost exactly what I said to him. I did add that he should tell the boy that it isn't nice to talk to people that way. A bully in kindergarten is concerning to me...but I guess it happens.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.