Friday, January 23, 2009

Stability...

Today I'm appreciating my routines, my quiet life, my job, my home and the sameness that we have year after year. Why would I be appreciating all this on a January day? Normally I wouldn't be very appreciative of it at this time of year because we're stuck inside and there isn't much going on. Today I appreciate it because I heard from friend of mine who does not have a stable life. She has a lot of changes going on in her life, like a new baby coming any day, a recent move across the country, another upcoming move across the country again and new husband who has a new job in another state, etc. Since I first met her, I have found her to be the type of person who thrives on change. In a way I envy that of her and sometimes wish we could just pack up and move to another part of the country and not have any qualms about it all like she does. Most of all though, I appreciate my stability and realize that is what I've always wanted. Yeah, I'd like my life to be a little more exciting and travel more. That will come. Right now, I appreciate going to my job every day, picking up the boys at school, hanging out at home, going to basketball games, doing some writing and most of all enjoying the life that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.