Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday...


I'm participating in Outdoor Wednesday for the first time this week. Check out Susan's blog at A Southern Daydreamer for more information. She has a great blog.


Since it's really cold and not all that pretty out today I decided to post a picture of the outside of the beautiful old home that I get to work in everyday. It is approximately 160 years old and was built from a kit that came from the Sears and Roebuck catalog. It is supposedly haunted by a mean old Aunt named Sally and she comes out when the attic door is left open. Descendants of the family that owned the home come in and look at the house a few times a year and they tell us that she was buried in the walls when they built the house. Well, I've been here for approximately 3 years and haven't seen Aunt Sally yet. The most exciting thing that happens is that we smell incense in the dining room sometimes. Very interesting. We're nice to the "ghosties" (as we call them) and hope they're nice to us too! So far they have been. The house is Italianate in style and has a beautiful parlor, dining room, library and staircase. There are family heirlooms around the home and original oil paintings of the family members.

The house when the family lived in it (ca. 1890).


The house, as it looks today, in the springtime.

One of these days I'll take some photos of the inside of the house and post them here. Have a great day.

11 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the inside!! I hope that the story about being buried in the walls is not true.. ewww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I hope that story isn't true too. However, every family member who has been here has told us the same story. So, it's either true or they have a great family legend going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday Jackie

    I love old homes...and this is a beautiful one! Can't wait to see more photos of it!

    Thanks for sharing your photos.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Old Home, I would love to see pics. of the inside,thank you for sharing. and welcome to Outdoor Wednesday.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful old home. I can imagine the stories its walls could tell! Can't wait to see more of your photos. Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday.

    All the best, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'd love to see the inside one day...I bet they're gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How interesting to work in a place with such history. I look forward to seeing the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What Aa great house, Jackie! Just the neatest!

    Happy OW,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice house. It's cool it's been around so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful home you have. And what great stories! Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house is beautiful and I can't wait to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.