Saturday, March 28, 2009

Busy Days and Waiting For the Snow!

It's been a busy few days around here...the last few days of Spring Break. Mom and Mike were here last night and today, Kobe has had a playdate almost everyday of spring break, and Kyler hasn't had a nap for days....WE ARE TIRED and little cranky tonight. Oh, maybe that's just me! I like having days off but we certainly do thrive when we have a schedule and a routine. I'm thinking this probably isn't a good thing - but it works for us.

I was sorry to miss my Grandma West's Queen contest yesterday. On Valentines Day this year, she was voted as the Queen at the nursing home where she lives. She got to go to the next level of the competition on Friday. I think this was probably the district competition. She didn't end up winning, but we are so proud of her. Grandpa got to go to the competition too. They got to play games, had a hog calling contest and they had a nice lunch before the Queen contest started. Below is a picture of Grandma and her twin daughters, Debbie and Donna. The one on the left is my Mom, Donna. This was taken at the Queen contest.





I didn't do anything today that I had planned. What I did do was read, do laundry and draw out the plans for my flower garden. Mostly we just hung out and did a lot of nothing. It was such a nasty day, the only time I ventured outside was to bring in more wood for the fireplace. It is perfect fireplace weather. However, I can only take so many days like this....I need sunshine and the outdoors!! Where is the snow??? We're supposed to have 1-3 inches...it's not snowing yet...maybe it will miss us.

I need to continue my lazy streak and so I'm off to read.....good night John Boy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm like you...where is the snow? Just so we don't have 3 inches of ice in the morning. My daughter who lives in Oklahoma City with Rusty the weatherman, were to get 8 to 12 inches. They ended up with a ground covering only.
    I tried to tell her you can't trust a weatherman! but what do I know! LOL
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were supposed to get some bad weather yesterday. Then we were put under a tornado watch. Nothing happened. A brief period of rain and that was it. I am glad we didn't get tornadoes, but it would have been nice to at ;east hear a clap of thunder. Maybe we will have a heatwave next week. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.